At Lister Hill we have a lot going on for Youth and Children, including many excellent Sunday school classes. Please pick something from the list at the bottom of this page (look for the pictures) or from the navigation bar to find out more.
We take the safeguarding of children and young people very seriously, and you can read our child protection policy here:
Child Protection Policy Statement
This statement was agreed at the church meeting held on 15th Jan 2003 (names of advocates updated in 2015)
It will be displayed prominently within the church building and there will be an annual report on its implementation at the church meeting.
· As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protecting and safekeeping of all children and young people.
· It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people, and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
· We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church.
· We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection and appointment of those working with children and young people, whether paid or volunteer.
· The church is committed to supporting, providing resources and training those who work with children and young people, and to provide appropriate supervision in relation to this policy.
· The church is committed to following the Home Office Code of Practice Safe from Harm and adopt the guidelines and procedures published by the Baptist Union of great Britain in it’s publication Safe to Grow (revised edition)
· Each worker with children and young people must understand this policy and undertake to observe it. Each shall be given a copy of the church’s agreed Good Practice Guidelines, and shall agree to work according to it.
· As part of our commitment to children and young people, the church has appointed Andy Lloyd, Jim Harrisson, Alison Miller and Rachel Wright to be their Advocates. Their role will be regularly explained to children, and their names, addresses and phone numbers publicly displayed.
· A Child Protection Team will be appointed and it’s membership ratified annually; an elder will always be one member of this team.
Friday group for 4s-8s (reception to school year 3)Find out More
Sunday groups for children and young peopleFind out More
Friday evening group for highschool children in year 7-13.Find out More
A friendly supportive group for children aged 0-5 and their carers.Find out More